10 Questions | Siki ImBy Editor in Fashion, Interview on April 12th, 2010 | Please Comment !! »
IT WAS SOMEWHERE IN 7TH GRADE FALLING IN LOVE WITH MY DADS HUGE TROUSERS, BEIGE VNECK AND CARDIGANS, MIXING IT UP WITH MY CHUCKS, DENIM JACKET, AND SKATEBOARD. I HATED THE REGULAR SKATEWEAR.
2. Tell me about your fashion training: fashion school or self-taught? Apprenticeship/internship?
I STUDIED ARCHITECTURE. SO THIS HAS BEEN HELPING ME IN REGARDS TO PROPORTIONS, DETAILS AND CONSTRUCTIONS. I TOOK SOME EVENING CLASSES IN DRAPING TOO.
3. What about being a fashion designer do you like the most? The least?
I LOVE FITTINGS AND SEE THE GARMENT LIVE. I HAVE A HARD TIME IN THE PRODUCTION PHASE.
4. Do you have a muse? If so, who? How does s/he inspire your designs?
I USUALLY FIND INSPIRATIONS IN NYTIMES THE INTERNATIONAL NEWS COVERING PICTURES FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND ASIA.
5. Which cities do you find most inspiring? Most fashionable?
6. If you could change 1 (or more) aspects of the fashion world, what would it be?
SUPPORT SMALL STARTING DESIGNERS â€“ PRESS, FACTORIES, STORES…
7. What advice would you give to aspiring designers?
BE HONEST TO YOURSELF AND HAVE FUN
8. Favorite stores to shop in?
IN NYC: HOME DEPOT, ST MARKS BOOKSTORE, PROJECT NO.8
9. Besides yourself, your favorite designer(s)?
LUIGI COLANI, KANSAI YAMAMOTO, MARCEL BREUER
10. Whatâ€™s your dream project?
TO DESIGN A CHURCH