We’re really diggin’ Brooklyn by way of Tacoma crooner Oberhofer. In case you missed it, we posted a track Away From You last week. Check it out here. We had our people talk to their people and, luckily, Oberhofer took a few minutes out of his busy busy schedule to answer our music version of 10 Questions. As expected, his answers are as interesting and thoughtful as his music.
1. Whoâ€™s in the band and who plays what?
The live band consists of: Pete Sustarsic (drums), Andrew Heaton (guitar/glockenspiel), Mike Parham (bass), and I play guitar and sing.
2. Whose music has most influenced yours?
I canâ€™t necessarily speak for everyone in the band, but some songs nearest and dearest to me are those of Marty Anderson, Alden Penner, Mark Linkous, and Jason Lytle.
3. Whatâ€™s your favorite/least favorite aspect of the music industry in the age of the internet?
I canâ€™t complain!!!!!! I love how easy it is to access so many people, and those people like it, theyâ€™ll post it on their blogs!!! Everyone has blogs. Itâ€™s not a matter of simply having connections, just a matter of working hard.
4. Best show so far? City with the best audience?
I think my favorite show so far was playing Webster Hall in April of this year. All of our friends were there and everyone was dancing. It was super fun.
5. Who would you most like to tour with?
Iâ€™m gonna say Arcade Fire.
6. In a perfect world, who would you have produce your next record?
Thought about it for a while — Brian Wilson.
7. Lady Gaga â€“ yes or no?
Interesting question. Itâ€™s a yes. Sheâ€™s capable of writing songs that arenâ€™t a reflection of her personal feelings, and therefore capable of selling them along with her rights to them for millions of dollars. Sheâ€™s developed a persona where the more she messes up, the cooler she looks. She bought Polaroid. Go you, â€œLady Gaga.â€
8. Do indie bands have groupies?
Hahaha, not this one!
9. Do you do karaoke? If so, whatâ€™s your song?
Say My Name (Destinyâ€™s Child)
10. Whatâ€™s your â€œdirty little secretâ€ band/song? (Like that Cher song you canâ€™t not sing to in the shower, but would never admit it to anyone EVER.)
I have no shame, but Iâ€™m super into Everclear.