We had the pleasure of interviewing 8 bands for the current issue of CITY, which I will post over the next few week here. And yes, we know there are only 8 questions here, but we lied a little to group these with the other 10 Questions band interviews.
Up next: Harlem.
Three-piece Austin by-way-of Tucson garage rock band Harlem â€” no, theyâ€™re not from New York and have never lived there â€” got together in 2008 and have since released two records, the second of which got them a record deal with big shot label Matador Records. The band has generated a lot of buzz not only with their unique sound, but also with their incredible live shows that leave fans screaming for more.
1. Whose music has most influenced yours?
Whenever The Beatles come on in the van, we start talking about what the next album should sound like.
2. Whatâ€™s your favorite or least favorite aspect of the music industry in the age of the Internet?
Worst is iPod DJs. Even worse are music blogs. (Editor’s Note: If we were a band, we’d hate music blog too!!!)
3. Where was the best show youâ€™ve played so far?
Thereâ€™s no way to answer that question without pissing everyone else off. A fun audience was at a house party in Austin where I had to climb my amp to not get trampled as I played. I wish more old people would come to our shows, and animals.
4. Who would you most like to tour with?
5. In a perfect world, who would you have produce your next record?
Ourselves, Iâ€™m pretty sure.
6. Lady Gaga â€” yes or no?
7. Do indie bands have groupies?
Iâ€™m not sure, let me ask one of mine if sheâ€™s ever groupied for an indie band…she said no and made a face.
8. Do you do karaoke? If so, whatâ€™s your song? Coomers does Garth Brooks songs. Sounds pretty good.