We had the pleasure of interviewing 8 bands for the current issue of CITY, which I will post over the next few week here. And yes, we know there are only 8 questions here, but we lied a little to group these with the other 10 Questions band interviews.
Up next: Girls.
San Francisco duo (from looking at the pic I think we counted wrong!) Girlsâ€™ name is a bit of a misnomer, given there are no women in the band, which makes me love them even more. Lyrically, Girls tackle the simple and complex issues of relationships big and small, going head on with heartache, heartbreak and the desire for a beautiful life. Musically, their sound is definitely pop, but not pop as you know it: rather, a combination of divergent pop influences spanning the past 40 or so years, stripped down and put together in a way youâ€™ve never heard before.
1. Whose music has most influenced yours?
2. Whatâ€™s your favorite or least favorite aspect of the music industry in the age of the Internet? Civilian journalism.
3. Where was the best show youâ€™ve played so far?
Paris. Every time, always, Paris.
4. Who would you most like to tour with?
5. In a perfect world, who would you have produce your next record?
I donâ€™t know, Ricky Martin?
6. Lady Gaga â€” yes or no?
Yes, sheâ€™s as much of a drag queen as Hannah Montana. Dressing in drag is very important.
7. Do indie bands have groupies? Whatâ€™s an indie band?
8. Do you do karaoke? If so, whatâ€™s your song?
â€œNothing Compares To Youâ€ by Sinead Oâ€™Connor.