Egyptian Hip Hop comprises of two Alexs a Nick and a Louis. They all play instruments associated with Popular music – 1950’s onward.
2. Whose music has most influenced yours?
A lot of music has influenced ours, some subliminally some blatantly.
3. Whatâ€™s your favorite/least favorite aspect of the music industry in the age of the internet?
Album leaks can be good if you’re impatient & bad if you’ve actually made the album.
4. Best show so far? City with the best audience?
Midi Festival in Hyeres, southern france. A phenomenal crowd/venue/atmosphere.
5. Who would you most like to tour with?
Omar Souleyman, Brian Eno and King Crimson (circa 1980) on one tour.
6. In a perfect world, who would you have produce your next record?
Ariel Pink ft. Vangelis would be a pretty interesting production team.
7. Lady Gaga â€“ yes or no?
8. Do indie bands have groupies?
Maybe some bands do, Egyptian Hip Hop just has followers and/or disciples.
9. Do you do karaoke? If so, whatâ€™s your song?
Axel F – Crazy Frog is a karaoke favourite.
10. Whatâ€™s your â€œdirty little secretâ€ band/song? (Like that Cher song you canâ€™t not sing to in the shower, but would never admit it to anyone EVER.)
Tonetta – 81 Inch Prime Ass. Always singing that one in the shower.